Monday, January 7, 2013

The End .... or?

21 December 2012 has come and gone, and I am still here.  Contrary to the belief that 21 December was the end, because the Mayan calendar said so, it may well have been that the Mayans could not conceive of a time that far ahead.

Heck, who of us can't relate to that.  I can't conceive of a time beyond my next pay day.  Which I know is very short sighted, but when you realise that I can't remember beyond yesterday, then next pay day, which could be two weeks away, is an eternity.

So, if anyone else has survived and wants to tell the tale, write a book.  Like they say on SBS, "6 Billion Stories and Counting."  Add yours to it.

Other than that, my next hurdle is surviving this insufferable summer heat and humidity.  So leave me alone; you're taking up valuable energy that my air conditioner could be using.