Sunday, November 6, 2011

2011 July 23, Tamworth

Yesterday I was picked up at the Tamworth Airport by the gentleman that is selling me the bike; Wayne Witchard. Wayne and wife Barbara picked me up and took me back to their house where, first of all, I was shown the bike. Wayne had actually been concerned that I would not be as pleased as punch when I eventually saw the bike. But I was. It is a very nice piece of equipment, well kept, even though well ridden.

As I had shopping to do, and Wayne had to work in the afternoon, I enjoyed a bite to eat then booked in to my accommodations at the Paradise Caravan Park. Later in the afternoon I went to the Powerhouse Motorbike Museum, where Wayne assists as part time curator.

I will post some pics later.

Today I rode the bike. It is very different to a solo, and I will be somewhat uncertain for a while. But after lunch I dropped Wayne back at his house then went for a ride by myself. It was great. I will write more later as the trip continues. Meanwhile I will get in some practice, practice, practice.